This specifies requirements to implement, maintain and improve a management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of the occurrence of, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptions when they arise.
The requirements specified are generic and intended to be applicable to all organizations, or parts thereof, regardless of type, size, and nature of the organization.
The extent of application of these requirements depends on the organization's operating environment and complexity.
BCMS applicable to all types and sizes of organizations that:
- Implement, maintain, and improve a BCMS.
- Seek to ensure conformity with stated business continuity policy.
- Need to be able to continue to deliver products and services at an acceptable predefined capacity during a disruption.
- Seek to enhance their resilience through the effective application of the BCMS.
- Can be used to assess an organization's ability to meet its own business continuity needs and obligations.
Read More about ISO 22301:2019 Business Continuity Management System